Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4/13-21 Days

Today is 21 days into vegan diet. I had to look to see when I started. I can not believe it has been 3 weeks already. After the first 2 weeks I noticed a slight decrease in my performance during training. I read some other information from other vegan trainers and they recommended more whole grains, beans, potatoes, as well as the vegetables. One sight also encouraged Sun Warrior protein, which I already had and like. So, I added some protein shakes as well as more whole grains, beans, and potatoes. Cami bought a Japanese sweet potato this weekend, but it looks like a regular white potato. It was good. I fired up the Big Green Egg and grilled a bunch of veggies and some chicken for everyone else and our company. I got full from the grilled veggies and sweet potato. We even had left overs and I had them the next day for dinner after I trained.

My weight dropped down to 186.7 in the first week. I am now right at 189. I was looking at some old measurements from a few years ago. This has not been just from the vegan diet. I have been training consistently for the last year. The biggest change I hope will be in my cholesterol, when I get that checked at the end of the month.

WIll I continue eating this way? I don’t really know. I have missed some foods. Cami made eggs and bacon for kids this past week. It smelled very good. I do miss my eggs! I was reading in The China Study last night that the recommended cholesterol daily intake is 300 mg and an egg has 200+ mg. I would normally eat 3-4 eggs every day. Now it has been Irish steel cut oatmeal and fruit! I will have protein shake mid morning, today I had a veggie sandwich from subway for lunch, some broccoli and hummus for a snack around 3:30 and most likely a salad for dinner with left over grilled veggies.

Until next time, eat whole foods, whole food digestive enzymes, and drink plenty of Kangen Water!

Keeping it simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment