Thursday, July 2, 2009

8 more weeks to go!

Last week I was on vacation in Cape San Blas, FL. It is a beautiful place! I have pictures on my Facebook page. I took a 24 kg KB with me and trained while I was there. Still got in snatches, swings and clean and press. This week is quickly coming to a close. I did 180 snatches on Tues. 10/10 with 45 secs rest. I did 7 rounds straight and then took a break for 2 min. and got 2 more rounds! My hands did great. I still needed some form correction. Kenneth Jay was in town with Dave Whitley from Iron Tamer. That was a real treat to meet him and to work with him. Yesterday He helped me on my form with my swing and snatch. He also helped me with the mobility of my shoulders. He had me do a shoulder test first and saw that it has some resistance. He then showed me an exercise to help with it.

Kenneth Jay then led last night training class. He is a Master RKC instructor and a Level 2 Z-Health Practitioner. He took us through a joint mobility warn up and then taught us the Viking Push Press! We then did 5 rounds with each arm for 36 seconds all out and the 36 seconds rest. A good time was had by all!

I am heading to the beach for the July 4th weekend. I will take my 24 kg KB with me a train while I am there! I am looking forward to another weekend at the beach! I am going to shorten my rest time to 30 seconds between snatches and speed it up! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment