Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 5 and 6

Yesterday was a the first day that I did crave some eggs and bacon, but I resisted and remembered a line in the book The China Study that said no moment of pleasure is worth the pain if the disease, so my temporary cravings are eased. Breakfast was fruit and oatmeal and no coffee! No coffee was not bad. I don’t think I will have to restrain for a long time with coffee, just long enough to let my stomach heal up. I have done this before. Although the weekends are when I really enjoy my coffee. Lunch was a big salad and minestrone soup. It is amazing how full I can get from soup and salad! Dinner was sweet potato, saute spinach and onions, and tomato soup with rice. I ate too much! It was very good! Before bed I had a bowl of cereal with Almond milk.

I did weight myself this morning and I am 189.5. I don’t know why I care but I like to get to 185. It is something easy to measure. Training is every other day right now. My labs came back yesterday. My cholesterol is down almost 30 points, 236(0-200) since January! I look forward to seeing it drop even more. Triglyceride 136(<150) up from last time, HDL 57(>39), Ratio 4.1, VLDL 27(0-40), LDL 152(0-99). My LDL are down too! I have a follow up visit next weds to discuss my lab work. Unitl next time train harn and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment