Monday, June 15, 2009

10 More Weeks!

10 More weeks until RKC!  Just when I think I am making progress I attempt the snatch test!  Last week I got in 4 days of work outs.  This week I am going for 5!  I was good until Thursday and then life got busy and I did not work out again until today.  That can not happen again!  If I am going to make it in Aug I am going to have to push myself harder!  Tonight we did goblet squats, presses and squats, and wind mills.  Then we did swings and runs for 4 rounds.  It was not hard so afterwards Dave asked if I wanted to do the snatch test, so I said yes!  Now that was hard.  I gassed out after 3 minutes and my pace slowed down and the last 10 seconds I did not have anything left.  I still got 80 in 5 min.  I want to break 90 by week 8!  I go on vacation on Friday but will be taking my KB with me!  I look forward to working out on the beach!  Maybe I will get some pictures to post!

I do have to say that my back feels stronger!  I used to hurt after standing all day at work.  I was also concerned every time I bent over to pick anything up.  My abs and back feel stronger and my from is better picking things up.  As I was driving home tonight from class, I was thinking how I used to train and use KB some of the time.  I don't think to get the best benefit from KB one can only use them some of the time.  It really needs to be on a regular basis!  I look forward to my work outs now!  

1 comment:

  1. Hey, your blog is looking great! I have all kinds of back problems; I should holler at you to see what you suggest.

    I have to be careful when dealing with my back problems because I have four tumors (L-2, L-4, L-9, and L-10)inside and along my lumbar spinal column (thought to be neoplasms, specifically, the diagnosis of myeloma).

    But I have back troubles other than that which physical therapy helped some. My low back has a bulging disc with annular tearing. My cervical spine is very painful at C-3 and C-4. I've got disc desiccation, degenerative disc disease, spondylolysis, etc. I miss being able to run four miles a day; now I am on a walker for most ambulation.

    I sure would like to be able to get back to running! Would be a blessing and a miracle; I feel that all things are possible (usually) and wonder if there is hope for improvement for me and my physical situation. keep on blogging! -Ginger

    ReplyDelete