Friday, June 5, 2009

The Road to RKC Aug 27-30 2009!

This is my Journey to the RKC in San Diego Aug 27-30 2009.  I turned 40 this April and feel like it in some ways but not in many ways!  I have always loved sports and exercise!  I played Rugby for 10 years after college and stopped when we moved to TN and started having kids because of the time commitment.  I continued to workout but like many was inconstant!  I got bored with the usual gym workouts and started to look into other ways after watching the UFC!  This is how I found out about Kettlebells!  A friend introduced me to Dave Whitley with www.irontamer.com here in Nashville.  Dave taught me how to begin using KB last year.  I used them off and on.  I kept having issues with back spasms that kept me off track, along with allowing life to get in the way.  

I love a challenge so I looked into the RKC certification at www.dragondoor.com.  At first when I saw the cost and that the main purpose was for those who wanted to teach and start a business I declined.  But I was still interested in pursuing the challenge maybe without the actual test.  A couple of weeks ago I decided to attempt the snatch test which is 100 snatches with a 24 kg KB in 5 minutes.  Without much training I was able to do 85! After that I though I can can do 100 in 3 1/2 months!  So i decided to go for it!  I tweaked by back the following week because of bad form!  Dave helped correct that quickly!

This is my first full week of training!  I have already lost 3 lbs.  I will post BF% and pictures as I go for the fun of it!   I am going to bog my journey to RKC.  I hope you join me a follow often!  I will not only talk about my training and progress but will give out valuable information that can help everyone, such as hydration!  Most of us are dehydrated and don't even know it!  For more info visit www.HealthyWater4You.net  Nutrition is another big topic that I will be talking about include enzymes and whole foods!  There is so much out there how do you know fact from fiction from fad!   One thing about KB is that they are for everyone, young and old!  They are a great way to get in shape and stay in shape!  I hope you enjoy my journey and will join me along the way!

If you like challenges, visit Dave's website www.nashvillekettlebell.blogspot.com for the summer challenge is having.  It starts Monday 6/8/09 and tell him I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment